Some background on Boy
- Date of Birth: 1995
- Place of Birth: Not identified, near Chiang Rai
- Parents: Father died when Boy was eight years old, mother died the following year. Both grandparents have also passed away
- Upbringing: In state and privately funded orphanages and schools
- English skills: Good, simple conversational level, mostly self taught
- Current status: Studies in second year at Rajabhat University, majoring in Tourism and Hospitality. Will finish degree in 2018.
Boy was born as the only child of a poor but functional northern Thai family. At the age of eight Boy lost first his father and in the following year his mother and was moved to privately and state funded orphanages where he grew up.
A few years after his parents’ death his grandfather passed away. Disaster struck again when his grandmother drowned while trying to pick vegetables at the river bank. Boy is now a complete orphan without any relatives.
Unsurprisingly Boy suffered from severe bouts of depression but thanks to the support of staff at Skills for Life he is now a lively and bubbly young man full of future plans.
Boy’s dreams for the future
- Finish his degree in Tourism and Hospitality by 2018
- Improve his English language skills
- Start working as a tour guide or at a hotel in Chiang Mai in the areas of administration, marketing and sales or even management.
- Have his own family